No. 1020, Floor 10, Building A, No. 55, Lianhua Street,High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Zhengzhou,Henan China.
Main Steps of Edible Oil Refining
1. Crude Oil Degumming: In this step gums in crude oil refinery are removed by hydration with the help of phosphoric acid.
2. Neutralization: In this step free fatty acids are neutralized by using sodium hydroxide and convert them into soap. Additional impurities are also removed by adsorption on soap.
3. Bleaching: During bleaching, unwanted pigments are adsorbed physically and oil refinery will become much clearer.
4. Deodorization: Deodorization is used to remove unacceptable odors by steam distillation, the odoriferous compound are stripped off with the help of live injected steam into heated oil under high vacuum pressure.
5. Dewaxing (necessary for cold areas)
Some kinds of oil like sunflower, maize germ or corn oil refinery have waxes inside, if these impurities are not removed, the oil will freeze easily under low temperature, thus effecting oil quality and appearance. so this process is necessary in extremely cold areas.